It’s week 6 of the spring cleaning series and this time we’re in the master bedroom.
If you’re just joining us, I suggest starting with part 1. Click the link for all the posts for Spring Cleaning 2020.
We already decluttered our wardrobes/closets in week 1, so this room is already partially done.
- Firstly, take off your bedding and put it in the wash.
- Get everything off the flat surfaces and on to the bed or the floor. Clearing the tables, windowsills, units, dressers and other furniture.
- Next, empty all the drawers and cupboards you didn’t do in week 1, put these items in that pile too.
- Now, clean glass, mirrors and windows. I like to do these first to avoid those annoying streaks!
- Feather dust the ceiling, corners, between furniture and lights. Don’t forget the lamps and light shades.
- Dust fans and vents, wall art, switch plates, doors, skirting boards, and the furniture too.
- Spot clean the walls and ceiling.
- Also, spot clean the floor rugs and carpets.
- Safely pull out what furniture you can. Hoover/vacuum behind everything then mop if you have hard floors. Then, put the furniture back.
- At last, you’re going to sort through that pile you made earlier.
- Bag or box up what you’re not keeping, and get it out of your home ASAP, even if it’s just to the car, shed or garage.
- After that, put away all the items you’re keeping. Be conscious and intentional about where you want to use or see everything.
- Now your mattress is clear, use the vacuum cleaner on it to freshen it up a bit.
Flip and/or rotate your mattress now if you haven’t done so in the last 3-6 months
- Put fresh linen on your bed.
- Finally, vacuum one last time around the whole room, and mop if you have hard floors.
Now go and have a nice bath or shower, because that feeling of getting into fresh sheets, in a tidy room, with a clean body, is just amazing!
See you next time for part 7 of my Spring Cleaning Series.