Christmas Countdown | Week Two
11 weeks to go. It probably still feels a little too early to be thinking about Christmas. Trust me, I get it. Getting things done early, though, frees up more of your time in December to actually enjoy the festive season.
Christmas Countdown – October 9th to 15th
❄️ Order advent calendars. The big ones with cosmetics or toys inside them sell out early, so get them ordered as soon as possible.
❄️ Start adding “what’s” to your gift list. Start brainstorming some ideas for gifts for certain people. You could try asking them, but a lot of people aren’t sure this far in advance.
❄️ Both online and in-person, start purchasing or making items. STICK to the list.
❄️ Wrap and label gifts as soon as they come to your house. I don’t think anybody really enjoys hunching over to wrap presents for a long time 2 days before Christmas. If you wrap as they come in you won’t have that to worry about.
❄️ Find a good hiding place. You’re very creative people, but here are some ideas:
- In the attic or basement
- Inside some suitcases
- In the car
- With the cleaning or washing/laundry supplies
- Shed or garage
- Inside various cupboards around your home
- On top of or in the bottom of wardrobes
- Under beds
- Back of kitchen cupboard or the pantry
- On top of the kitchen cupboards. OK, not totally hidden, but too difficult for little ones to get to
- Another (trusted) person’s house
- Filing cabinet
- Christmas decoration boxes. When they’re empty of course.
- Ottomans and other storage areas
If you’re hiding things in lots of different places, PLEASE keep a master list. You don’t want to find a present weeks after it was supposed to be given, just trust me on that.
You’re done for week two! See you next week for Christmas Countdown | Week Three.