It’s that time again, welcome back to the monthly review!
OK, truth time. I did not do very well with sticking to my habits or making progress towards my goals in August. This is in part due to us going on holiday, part due to helping my mum move house, and partly because I found it quite difficult to find momentum between those.
- I did not even try to get back to exercising regularly. The intention was there, it just never happened.
- The two long courses I’ve been working on still aren’t finished, however, I did continue studying.
- I did make sure we were prepared to go back to work and school. Also, I checked in with my customers beforehand and made sure everyone was clear how we’d be moving forward. I organised the kids old school uniform and replaced items, and I replaced any stationery and other items they needed.
- We did have a great time on holiday. It was a bit weird as not all the usual activities were accessible, and the ones that were had limitations and restrictions. Saying that, we all had fun, I got a bit of a tan. We relaxed and played, and laughed, and generally spent quality time as a family.
So I’m feeling alright about August. I struggled to stick to my habits or make much progress towards big goals, but I do feel like the really important things happened (ie. spending time with my family).
Goals and Mini-Goals
My goals for this month are to:
- Create a new fitness routine and start doing it – now that the kids are back at school and I’m back at work (for the most part), I can figure out when I can get to the gym and have a proper routine to work with.
- Revamp my morning and evening routines to incorporate habits – I’ll be writing a blog post to show you how I’ll be doing this and keep you updated on how I get on with it
- Focus on the blog when I’m alone – during the lockdown, the children were using my computer a lot of the time to do homework, play games and talk to their friends. Now that things are returning to a level of normalcy I will have time by myself and with access to my computer, so I hope to use that time to focus on Just SYLO more than I have been.
My main focus, or theme if you will, for September is “find your feet”. We’ve been in this lockdown since March and I do not expect to be able to get back into the swing of things quickly or easily. I want to make progress, but I also want to be kind to myself about how much progress. Anything is better than nothing.
What are your plans for September? I’d love to hear how you’ll be moving forward
Monthly Goals | January 2020 (Happy New Year!)