Here we go for another monthly review where we reflect on the past month and plan for the new one.
Let’s get to it!
- I’ve been working at exercising more regularly. I’m nearly at the end of my couch to 5k so I’m pretty proud of that. I didn’t exercise as often as I’d like, but I’m getting more consistent.
- I’ve been continuing with my online courses. At the moment I’m studying in two long courses so they’re not completed yet. I also decided to start learning French again so I can more easily help my youngest daughter with her homework (which has been a big help since I’ve been homeschooling her during the pandemic). For the online courses I’m using Alison and One Education, for French I’m using DuoLingo.
- I finally got round to finishing my spring cleaning!
- Thankfully we’re still able to go on our Summer holiday! So I’ve been ticking off a few to do’s to prepare for that. Such as: getting the car looked at as it was making a funny noise, going through the kids’ wardrobes to see if there’s anything I need to buy, stocking up on travel tablets and sun cream.
July in general just felt like a month to chill and relax. Usually, I felt guilty when I don’t get a lot done, but this month it felt like it was what I was supposed to be doing. I even caught myself a few times just sitting in silence and thinking “I’m fine with this, I don’t need to be doing anything else right now. Everything will come in its own time.” It was such a lovely feeling that I relished in those moments and appreciated them as much as I could.
Goals and Mini-Goals
My goals for this month are to:
- keep getting back to exercising regularly – I’ve made some headway already so I just need to keep at it.
- finish the two long courses I’m working on – ideally, I’ll be studying 5 times a week.
- be prepared for us to go back to work and school – myself and the kids are heading back in September, so I just need to make sure that everything like homework and uniforms are all properly ready.
- have a great time on holiday!
Also, this month I’ll be looking for more of those moments where I’m perfectly happy to just do nothing, or at the be calm and content about what I’m doing. Rather than feeling pressure from myself to do it or feeling rushed.
How will you be spending August?
Monthly Goals | January 2020 (Happy New Year!)