It’s the last week of the Spring Cleaning Series!
Today we’re going to head to your main storage area. For you this could be the basement or garage, for me, it’s two cupboards in my hallway.
If you’re just finding these posts I’ll link the others below.
Spring Cleaning Week 8 – Storage Area
- First, take everything out of its normal space.
- While the area’s empty, spruce it up a bit. Remove the cobwebs, clean the walls, dust the surfaces, sweep/vacuum, all those good things.
- This is a good opportunity to move or install shelves and hooks to make your storage area much organised and easier to navigate.
- Now, start sorting through the items you pulled out earlier, This will likely be easier to do in sub-categories like:
- Camping gear
- Gardening supplies
- Outdoor toys and games
- DIY tools
- Decorating equipment
- Housework supplies
- Holiday decorations
- Cords, wires and other electricals
- Health and sports equipment
- Keepsakes and memorabilia
- Bag and box up the items you’ve decided not to keep. Get rid of all of it for good as soon as you can.
- Next, one sub-category at a time put away the items you’ve decided to keep. Try to put things where they make the most sense to you and your household, so they can be easily accessed when needed.
And that’s it! You’ve completed the entire series. You should be so proud of yourself.
Thank you so much for joining me. Take care.
Closet/wardrobe – Spring Cleaning Series 2020 | Week 1
Kitchen – Spring Cleaning Series 2020 | Week 2
Living Room – Spring Cleaning Series 2020 | Week 3
Dining Room – Spring Cleaning Series 2020 | Week 5
Master Bedroom – Spring Cleaning Series 2020 | Week 6
Kids bedrooms – Spring Cleaning 2020 | Week 7