Welcome to week 3 of the Spring Cleaning Series. If you’re just joining us, I suggest starting with part 1.
In case you missed a week, I’ll link them at the bottom of this post.
Spring Cleaning Week 3 – Living Room
- Clear all flat surfaces. All the shelves, the tables, units, furniture, all of it, and put everything in the middle of your floor.
- Empty all the drawers and cupboards. Again, bring everything to the floor.
- Clean glass and windows. I find it’s best to do these first to avoid those annoying streaks!
- Clean the television and other electronics.
- Feather dust the ceiling and lights. Don’t forget the lamps and sconces.
- Spot clean the walls and ceiling. Seriously, how does stuff get on the ceiling? Please tell me it’s not just me.
- Hoover/vacuum underneath the sofa cushions.
- Wash or clean the curtains and blinds, sofa covers, cushions, throw rugs etc.
- Spot clean the floor rugs and carpets.
- Dust fans and vents, wall art, switch plates, doors, skirting boards, and furniture.
- Safely pull out what furniture you can. Hoover/vacuum behind everything then mop if you have hard floors. Put the furniture back.
This is a small part of the HUGE marble collection I found under my sofa (our cats love batting them around).
- Sort through all the items you pulled out earlier. Decide what to keep, donate, sell and throw out.
- Bag or box up everything you’re not keeping and get it out of your home as soon as possible, even if it’s just to the car, shed or garage.
- Put all the items you’re keeping away, thinking carefully about where you want everything to go.
- Hoover/vacuum the room one last time, and mop if you have hard floors (don’t forget underneath the rugs if you have any).
Grab your favourite drink and look at your fresh, clean space!