Another month is coming to an end and it’s time to start the next chapter of our lives. Here are my monthly goals for August 2019.
Honestly, I’ve been in a bit of a funk lately. June and July have gone by in a blur and I just haven’t been in the mindset to focus on anything lately.
It’s time for all that to change though. A new month is here and it’s the perfect opportunity for a fresh start.
Goals and Mini-Goals
- Re-discover yoga – This is a goal from my 30-by-30 list. I’m going to ease myself into it by beginning with 2 sessions a week. If you fancy integrating some yoga into your life I recommend checking out Yoga with Adriene, she has loads of videos for all fitness levels and often posts every day with a new theme for each month.
- Do phase 1 of my exercise program – I’ll be starting the TransformNation plan created by Abby Pollock. Click here if you’re interested.
- Dance – Keeping the focus on fitness, I’ll try to do two dance sessions a week as well. I love to follow The Fitness Marshall and Sarah Placencia videos on YouTube.
- Do lots of activities with the kids – it’s currently the Summer holidays here in England, and the kids are off school for a whole 6 weeks. Meaning there’s plenty of opportunities to reconnect with the little ones. Some ideas I have are:
- Visiting the beach and park
- Try geocaching
- Go swimming
- Visit a milkshake shop
- Go to the cinema
- Go for a hike and a picnic
- Visit the arcade
- A round of mini-golf
- Go bowling
- Publish 9 posts this month – I’d like to be more consistent with blogging.
- Grow the blog – I’d love to reach more like-minded people!
- Kitchen project – It’s a big project, but just making a start would be great.
- Save 10% of all income this month – Note to self-you don’t need any more stationery, really.
A new month is a great opportunity to re-assess your goals and check you’re heading in the right direction. It’s also a great time to check-in with your current habits and try to incorporate some new ones.
What are your monthly goals for August?