Another month has come to an end, making this a perfect opportunity to reflect and plan.
What did I do and how can I improve in April?
- We made good headway with wedding planning, we paid some deposits, had our engagement photoshoot, bought our invites and went to a food tasting (OMG the food was amazing! In particular there was a lemon posset which was deliciously creamy).
- In April, we really need to put some more money into the wedding fund before it gets too low and we can’t afford to pay vendors we’ve already hired.
- Kept blogging. I published 5 posts in March.
- Next month I’d like to publish 8.
- Next month I’d like to publish 8.
- I attended a gym class. For somebody as socially anxious as I am this was a big step.
- My plan is to attend that class every week.
- I went to the gym 5 times last month as I started getting back into regular exercise (I did some home workouts too).
- I want to hit the gym 3 times a week in April (combined with home workouts).
March Highlights and Achievements
Before planning the next month, I like to look back on the highlights and wins from the previous.
- J had a week off work, so we had more time with each other than we usually get.
- Our engagement photoshoot. We found a lake in the midst of some trees, aptly named Lake Wood, where we met with our wedding photographer. It was wet and windy but that didn’t take away from our laughter (especially when at one point my dress was blown up!)
- I got some new glasses, I don’t need them all the time but my old pair was a few years old and in need of replacing.
- The wedding food tasting. The portions were good sizes considering they’re for weddings, each plate was laid out beautifully, we experienced some new foods and combinations we had never tried before. There was so much gorgeous food we were still full by dinner time the next day!
- Getting myself to the gym even when I didn’t feel like going.
- Kept on track with wedding planning, we’re in fact ahead of schedule.
- Kept the blog going. I may not be posting every week but I’m writing when the mood strikes and steadily gaining some followers on social media (shout out to my #justsylosquad)
- Went to a gym class.
Goals and Mini-Goals
This month I plan to:
- Finish reading The Turn of The Screw. Like many others, I watched The Haunting of Hill House series on Netflix, which I highly recommend watching by the way. Afterwards, I read the book of the same name by Shirley Jackson, which I also thought was very good. I loved how Nell’s character change was a smooth transition that was barely noticeable from one page to the next but was significant by the end. Anyway, the creators of that Netflix series announced that season 2 would be based on Bly Manor from The Turn of The Screw, which is why I’m reading that now. I must admit, I am struggling a bit. The story is good but the writing is so old fashioned I find myself only able to read a few pages at a time.
- Read Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert. I started this book a while ago and never finished it, so after reading Henry James’ book above, I intend to revisit this one.
Send out our wedding invites. We need to label and address each one and print off a guest information sheet, then it’s off to the post office. Get some more money into the wedding fund.
- Publish 8 or more posts to the blog.
- Attend a gym class every week.
- Hit the gym 3 or more times a week, plus do some home workouts.
What were your biggest highlights and achievements from March? Let us know what your plans are for April below.